Saturday, January 19, 2013

2013 Bucketlist Item 13: Aviation


I love aviation...I mean I LOVE aviation. My girlfriend and I make every effort to attend the annual EAA Fly-in event in Oshkosh, Wisconsin, which has stoked this passion for both of us. In attending these air shows, we have met so many wonderful people that have introduced us to so many great and powerful ways that aviation can be used. It boggles my mind each year I attend of how much of a difference this private, passionate, air force provides.

Some of the tasks these pilots have accomplished were volunteering to fly supplies into disaster areas, flying supplies to remote relief efforts or in support of missionary work being done in places that most of us has not heard of. The inspiration that we draw from these pilots is fantastic. 

Flight lessons and flight school is expensive...too much for our budget at the moment. I have found different things I can do until the time comes for flight school. Joining the EAA is priority one, followed by devouring flight school manuals, stories about flying, and any flying publications that I can find. I did this quite a bit in the past, but in recent years have dropped it for some reason. 

This is a passion that I no longer wish to suppress, and am going to encourage this in myself this year to fan the flames of passion for aviation.

No comments:

Post a Comment