Tuesday, January 8, 2013

2013 Bucketlist Item 7: Spend FiveDays A Month In Nature...Unplugged



"Unplugged" is the key word for this item. We take walks, go on picnics, and pause to admire…the latest posts on Facebook or the Tweets of those that we follow. STOP!

When in nature, you are there to what class? That’s right….you are there to connect with nature. I am just as guilty as anyone else. A lunchtime stroll in nature almost always has me glancing at my phone at least once, which is all it takes to pretty much undo all of the nature bonding that has been done to that point.

When we feel the need to be around nature, it is because of their spirit is calling us there. We lose too much off ourselves in modern life, and rarely put forth the effort in making that necessary connection in nature. Nature is the best recharger of the soul that exists; it is much better than any drug, TV show, or Facebook post. Nature will cleanse your soul while your conscious mind starts to notice the subtle things of the world around you. Think about it; after a hike, I bet you notice far more detail in everything around you. You probably also will notice yourself reaching for a book when you get home instead of the remote or your laptop.

This year I am going to make this connection a regular visitor in my life by spending at least five days of the month in nature.  The growth of my spirit, and hence the growth of my “me”, depends on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment