Tuesday, January 1, 2013

2013 Bucketlist Item 1: Complete a Book Idea


This is one that I have already started, but have decided that it needs a serious kick in the rear end. I have completed four chapters in my book, but find myself referencing various books and sources to refresh my memory of small details for various scenes in the book that work to enhance the storylines.

My book topic falls into the historical fiction genre, which has led to quite a bit of research on the time period and the events of the period. This has slowed down my writing a bit, but I believe this will be beneficial for the book, its readers, and myself. 

So....my focus for for the first part of the year is going to all be on research. Finish up the writing during the second part of the year, while I decide if I want to publish it through a traditional publishing house, or to go it alone. I already know which way I am leaning on this, and the clues to this can be seen on some of my previous posts.

I will leave you to the start of your own 2013 experience. Make this year your own. You control what you feel, and what you want to do. It may be difficult, but it is always better for you in the long run. 

Happy New Years, blessings, and namaste. 

No comments:

Post a Comment