Friday, June 10, 2011

Guitars For Vets

Tomorrow night, Saturday June 11th, 2011, at 6:30pm, Guitars for Vets will be throwing their annual fundraising bash at the Harley-Davidson museum, called “Rock the Rumble” (http://guitars4vets.org/events.cfm). This event is particularly exciting for me as this will be the first Guitars for Vets event that I will be attending not as a music fan or potential donor, but as a writer for the organization’s newsletter.

The few stories that I have heard about those that have received the gift of G4V’s form of music therapy have been both heartbreaking and uplifting. The magic that the strumming of a guitar can introduce into ones the spirit is absolutely amazing.

I look forward to presenting some of these stories in the coming months, and I hope those of you reading my blog will check out this great organization.

No comments:

Post a Comment