Thursday, September 5, 2013

A Change in the Flow



It has been nearly nine months since my first Reiki attunement, and almost two months since I received the Reiki Master attunement. Throughout this nine month window, I have noticed modest changes in both how I carry myself, view myself, and see the world around me. Here are the five items that I have noticed the most since being attuned.

1. My mind is much calmer and more peaceful in all thought. It doesn’t matter if it is a writing problem, life problem, or a computer problem…the thoughts that come are steady, smooth, and rarely negative. Any negative thoughts that come wash away quickly.

2. I go with the flow much easier. We all have that “battling” feeling when things are not quite going to plan. For me, the battle has been fought largely in the time management arena…always rushing to get one thing done to hit the other 50 things on the to-do list. This no longer is a problem. I have the same amount of hours in a day, and haven’t really dropped anything, but everything just flows. And as long as I go with the flow, everything is grand. When I try to fight the current, the waves kick up and the battle begins anew.

3. Healing can come in many forms, most of which cannot be predicted. Louise Hay has made a connection between issues with the emotional and spiritual-self manifesting into physical ailments. This takes us to…

4. Setting an expectation of any healing, whether it is physical, emotional, or spiritual leads often to misunderstanding and confusion. You may expect the doctor to heal your sore knee through a surgical procedure, but find yourself in the same place as you were pre-surgery. Why? Referring back to Ms. Hay, knee issues can stem not only from a physical injury, but from an inability to go with the flow, or fear, or pride, or even kidney issues. In setting an expectation for your knee to be healed in surgery, you are only scratching the surface on what could really be causing your knee problems, and you will be left wondering why your knee still hurts.

5. Be a part of the moment that you are a part of…that means no looking back or ahead. Just be.
One thing I found most interesting in thinking and meditating on this list is that many of the points above were reinforced during a series of energy work sessions that my friend Sadiqua performed (http://happyholyhealthy.com/). Additionally, the Reiki meditations and techniques I learned from my Reiki teacher Michele Tegen (http://www.wingshadowhealing.com/), who has always been there to add advice, suggestions, lend and recommend reading material, and to answer my many classes along my path were invaluable in gaining the vision to see the changes for what they are without attachment to outcome. My girlfriend Kasia, who is also attuned to the Reiki Master level, has granted me valuable insights and understandings of how things work, and has been my rock through it all. 

Although this list is only a drop in the Reiki bucket of energy, these points illustrate some of the changes I have seen within myself, my observations, and how I notice others interacting with me. Perhaps these are not really changes; perhaps Reiki has simply lifted a layer of haze to give me a new vision on what is what. Or maybe it is the wonder of Reiki energy doing its thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment